POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity troubles in POV. : Re: Radiosity troubles in POV. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity troubles in POV.
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 6 Aug 1998 07:19:11
Message: <35c9831f.0@news.povray.org>
In povray.general Chris Maryan <cma### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
: I have recently been experimenting with radiosity in POVRay but have had
: no success. I am using Moray to control the radiosity settings in a
: simple courtyard scene I created to test (based on this image:
: http://www.lightscape.com/Contest98/az_honor.jpg, but just a bare bones
: version). My problem is that the radiosity rendering is no different
: from the raytraced rendering (yes I set POV to radiosity mode). That is,
: it does not change any of the areas not lit by direct light, just one
: big ambient colour mess, I can't make out any details in it, just what
: would happen if I rendered without radiosity. So what am I doing wrong
: (Other test renderings of other scenes have similar results)? HELP!!!

  Radiosity parameters are really dificult to understand. I don't understand
them very well. You have to read the povray documentation very carefully to
get the right values.
  I have been playing with radiosity as well, but with much better results.
You can check them at http://www.iki.fi/warp/pics/Radiosity_test/
  I can post the radiosity values of those images if you want.

--
                                                              - Warp. -